Adafruit Feather STM32F405 ExpressADA-4382
ST takes flight in this upcoming Feather board. The new STM32F405 Feather (video) that we designed runs CircuitPython at a blistering 168MHz – our fastest CircuitPython board ever! We put a STEMMA QT / Qwiic port on the end, so you can really easily plug and play I2C sensors.
This Feather has lots of goodies:
- STM32F405 Cortex M4 with FPU and 1MB Flash, 168MHz speed
- 192KB RAM total - 128 KB RAM for general usage + 64 KB program-only/cache RAM
- 3.3V logic, but almost all pins are 5V compliant!
- USB C power and data - our first USB C Feather!
- LiPo connector and charger
- SD socket on the bottom, connected to SDIO port
- 2 MB SPI Flash chip
- Built in NeoPixel indicator
- I2C, UART, GPIO, ADCs, DACs
- Qwiic/STEMMA-QT connector for fast I2C connectivity
- We use the built-in USB DFU bootloader to load firmware. It does not come with a UF2 bootloader.
With CircuitPython basics running on this board, it's fast to get all our drivers working, then use the built in plotter in Mu to instantly get sensor data displaying within 3 minutes of unboxing.
You can use MicroPython, CircuitPython or Arduino IDE with this board, with some caveats. This board and chipset is new so expect rapid developments and updates!
- CircuitPython support is under development. We have digital IO, analog in/out, I2C, SPI, PWM working so far and more on the way. For example, the SDIO SD card is not yet supported natively. DisplayIO is also not yet supported.
- Arduino is supported through STM32duino. There's no auto-reset bootloader support yet so you have to pull the BOOT0 pin high and manually reset before uploading. That said, STM32 support is really good, and we were able to run just about every sketch we tried.
- MicroPython support is very solid but Adafruit does not provide MicroPython libraries for sensors!
We tested this in Arduino STM32duino with all our FeatherWings and only the RFM69/RFM9x libraries did not work (they are very platform specific). Its an extraordinarily fast Feather, and our first foray into STM32 - very exciting!
- Product Dimensions: 52.0mm x 23.0mm x 10.0mm / 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.4"
- Product Weight: 6.2g / 0.2oz
Links & Documents
Adafruit Feather M0 Express - Designed for CircuitPython - ATSAMD21 Cortex M0