The new Teensy is here! (Well, soon. Pre-order now to make sure you are among the first to get these boards. We are expecting to get them around August 23rd).
Teensy 4.0 is the latest Teensy, offering the fastest microcontroller and powerful peripherals in the Teensy 1.4 by 0.7 inch form factor. This is the same size as the Teensy 3.2, but packs a lot more power.
Teensy 4.0 can be programmed using the Arduino IDE with Teensyduino add-on.
Teensy 4.0 features an ARM Cortex-M7 processor at 600 MHz, with a NXP iMXRT1062 chip, the fastest microcontroller available today.
- ARM Cortex-M7 at 600 MHz
- 1024K RAM (512K is tightly coupled)
- 2048K Flash (64K reserved for recovery & EEPROM emulation)
- 2 USB ports, both 480 MBit/sec
- 3 CAN Bus (1 with CAN FD)
- 2 I2S Digital Audio
- 1 S/PDIF Digital Audio
- 1 SDIO (4 bit) native SD
- 3 SPI, all with 16 word FIFO
- 3 I2C, all with 4 byte FIFO
- 7 Serial, all with 4 byte FIFO
- 32 general purpose DMA channels
- 31 PWM pins
- 40 digital pins, all interrrupt capable
- 14 analog pins, 2 ADCs on chip
- Cryptographic Acceleration
- Random Number Generator
- RTC for date/time
- Programmable FlexIO
- Pixel Processing Pipeline
- Peripheral cross triggering
- Power On/Off management
Teensy 4.0 is the same size and shape as Teensy 3.2, and retains compatibility with most of the pin functions on Teensy 3.2.