Adafruit Bluefruit LE Shield - Bluetooth LE for ArduinoADA-2746
The Bluefruit LE Shield makes it easy to add Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity to your Arduino or compatible. Solder in the included headers and plug right in. It connects to your Arduino or other microcontroller using the hardware SPI interface (MISO, MOSI, SCK) plus a chip select line (default D8), interrupt line (default D7) and reset (default D4). You can rearrange any and all the pins if you'd like, by cutting the jumpers underneath, and soldering jumper wires to your desired pins.
This multi-function module can do quite a lot! For most people, they'll be very happy to use the standard Nordic UART RX/TX profile. In this profile, the Bluefruit acts as a data pipe, that can 'transparently' transmit back and forth from your iOS or Android device. You can use our iOS App or Android App to get started sending data from your Arduino to your phone quickly and painlessly.
The board is capable of much more than just sending strings over the air! Thanks to an easy to learn AT command set, you have full control over how the device behaves, including the ability to define and manipulate your own GATT Services and Characteristics, or change the way that the device advertises itself for other Bluetooth Low Energy devices to see. You can also use the AT commands to query the die temperature, check the battery voltage, and more, check the connection RSSI or MAC address, and tons more. Really, way too long to list here!
- The Bluefruit can also act like an HID Keyboard (for devices that support BLE HID)
- Can become a BLE Heart Rate Monitor (a standard profile for BLE) - you just need to add the pulse-detection circuitry
- Turn it into a UriBeacon, the Google standard for Bluetooth LE beacons. Just power it and the 'Friend will bleep out a URL to any nearby devices with the UriBeacon app installed.
- Built in over-the-air bootloading capability so we can keep you updated with the hottest new firmware. Use any Android or iOS device to get updates and install them
- ARM Cortex M0 core running at 16MHz
- 256KB flash memory
- 32KB SRAM
- Transport: SPI at 4MHz with HW IRQ (5 pins required)
- 5V-safe inputs (Arduino Uno friendly, etc.)
- On-board 3.3V voltage regulation
- Bootloader with support for safe OTA firmware updates
- Easy AT command set to get up and running quickly
- Datasheet, schematic, and Fritzing available in the product tutorial
- Product Dimensions: 67.1mm x 51.7mm x 10.0mm / 2.6" x 2.0" x 0.4"
- Product Weight: 15.4g / 0.5oz
Links & Documents
NeoPixel Ring - 12 x 5050 RGBW LEDs w/ Integrated Drivers - Natural White - ~4500K
Panel Mount Right Angle 10K Linear Potentiometer w/On-Off Switch - 10K Linear w/ Switch